This is the privacy statement of Worldwide Baggage Services B.V. (hereinafter: WBS). In this declaration, “WBS” is understood by a private company with its registered office in Haarlemmermeer, which is located at Kruisweg 365 A (1437 CG) in Rozenburg.
In this privacy statement, you can read how WBS handles your personal data. Personal data are all data that is either directly related to someone or can be traced back to this person.
WBS handles personal data in a careful manner and acts within the limits of the law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Controller of data processing
WBS is the controller for the processing of personal data of anyone who has (had) direct or indirect contact with WBS, such as (business) clients and contact persons of partners. The contact person is Mr. K. Mulder. We receive personal information via our website https://www.baggage.nl, when the website is visited, certain details are entered, contact is sought with our customer service or the live chat.
Types of personal data, processing activities, legal grounds and retention periods
Placing an order (1st goal)
We receive your personal details (salutation, first name, inserts, last name, address, zip code, town, country), e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. This information is required to place your order and after which we deliver it to the correct address, including (a) delivery note(s)
The legal ground for this is the execution of the agreement. If this information is not provided, we can not send and / or deliver your order to the correct address. The aforementioned (personal) data must be stored for seven years on account of the statutory retention period of the tax authorities, such as packing notes with your NAME and purchasing records.
Contact with customer service (2nd goal)
First name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number to leave a message via the contact form on the website: https://www.baggage.nl. First name and e-mail address are required. You can decide whether you want to leave your last name and / or telephone number so we can contact you by telephone. You can also chat with an employee. If you are chatting, we will only keep this chat for as long as it is required for the complete answering and processing.
The legal ground for this is giving permission. If you are not a customer nor became a customer, this information will be deleted immediately.
WBS processes this personal data on account of the following legal grounds:
- Permission from the person to whom the personal data relates for the processing of his personal data for one or more specific purposes. You can withdraw a given permission at any time;
- The execution and / or preparation of an agreement, whereas the person to whom the personal data relates is a party;
- The Compliance with a legal obligation, which rests with the controller;
Recipients / categories of recipients
If necessary, the personal data concerning you, can be provided by WBS to:
- The employees of WBS who work in the staff and organization department;
- The distribution and logistics partners. These parties receive your order confirmation, file number, name and delivery address;
- To third parties, if WBS uses these services from these third parties. For example, third parties are IT suppliers of the various systems that WBS uses to offer its service to customers. With these third parties, WBS will maintain secrecy, enter into a processing agreement and record adequate security.
WBS handles your personal data with the utmost care. WBS will take technical and organizational measures to protect and to secure your data. However, it is never possible to secure your data a 100%. Your personal data will only be used for the purposes stated in this privacy statement.
WBS stores the personal data after receipt on a secure server in order that all information between you and our website is protected. The personal data are encrypted using SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer) when they are sent. This means that an approved coding procedure is used for communication between your computer and the WBS servers, on the condition that your browser supports SSL.
If WBS uses the services of a third party that will perform these services on behalf of WBS, WBS will oblige these third parties to observe strict secrecy, the security of your personal data and the conclusion of a processor agreement.
Your personal data will be kept for as long as necessary to process your booking. We then store data for a maximum of one year for the statistical purposes described.
If there are legal retention periods, we will stick to this. For example, certain (personal) data must be kept for seven years by the tax authorities, such as packing notes with your NAME and purchasing records.
Distribution of personal data to third parties
WBS may provide your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given express permission for this;
- For that purpose is an obligation or justification based on the law or a court decision, or in an emergency insofar as, in the reasonable judgement of WBS, this is self-serving (for example police, judiciary or medical staff);
- WBS uses third-party services. With these third parties, WBS will maintain secrecy, record a processor agreement and adequate security.
International transfer of your data
WBS may transfer your personal data to countries other than the country in which you live. This occurs in the context of a shipment to another country and thus makes use of partners or service providers who carry out their work from other countries.
The legislation does not always offer the same level of protection of your personal data. The transfer of personal data to countries other than the country in which you live is often required to provide you with our services. The legal ground for this is the execution of the agreement. If this information is not provided, we can not send and / or deliver your order to the correct address.
Record of processing activities
Our processing of personal data is recorded in a processing record. WBS keeps up such a record.
We use so-called cookies on our website https://www.baggage.nl. A cookie is a small text file by which we can store information about your PC and about you, the user, when you visit one of our websites. WBS uses both functional, analytical and tracking cookies.
Functional cookies: the functional cookies are cookies that are necessary for the proper functioning of the website.
Analytical cookies: the analytical cookies collect information about how you use the website. The information we collect from this helps us to improve the website, as a result of better matches your needs.
We use the following service for this:
In the design of Google Analytics, we have taken the following privacy promotion measures:
- Google Analytics may only process your IP address anonymously.
- The ‘Data sharing’ options of Google Analytics are disabled.
Tracking cookies: the tracking cookies collect information about the surfing behavior of the website visitors. With this information we can better associate the website to your needs.
You can set your browser in order that you do not receive cookies during your visit to our website and the internet browser therefore no longer saves cookies. In that case it may happen that you can not use all the features of our website. In addition, you can also delete all information that has been previously saved via the settings of your browser.
Knowledge and improvement of your personal data
- Want to view, change or delete the personal data concerning you, that WBS processes;
- To limit the processing of personal data concerning you, or to object to the processing of personal data concerning you;
- Use your right to have your personal data transferred to a third party;
- If the processing of the personal data is based on your permissions, you want it to withdraw. With this withdrawal, the processing of the personal data concerning you, prior to the withdrawal has not become unlawful;
- Submit a complaint to WBS regarding the use of your personal data; or
- If you have any questions in response to this privacy statement.
To prevent misuse, we can ask you to identify yourself. When it comes to access of personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the concerned cookie. You can find these in the settings of your browser. If the details are not correct, you can request us to change the data or have it removed.
You can contact us, as indicated above, if you have a complaint about the use of personal data. If you believe that we do not handle your complaint properly, you can go to court. If you want to go to court, you start a petition process.
Finally, you can also give a tip to the Dutch Data Protection Authority regarding the way in which we use your personal data. You can give this tip via the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
This privacy statement can be changed. The latest version of the privacy statement can be found at:.www.baggage.nl/en/privacy-statement
WBS reserves the right to change the privacy statement at any time and with or without prior notice. It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
The privacy statement was last modified on June 4, 2018.